When clients talk with me via phone or Skype, there are often things they can do to better their experience. I want you to get the most out of your session, so please look over these tips.
Tips for bettering your session:
- Treat this session the same as you would if you were in my office.
- Put the appointment on your calendar so it is not a surprise when I call you! (this happens a lot)
- Make sure you are in a quiet place, which is free from distractions.
- Don’t drive and talk!
- Keep yourself focused during the discussion…don’t try to do housework or surf the web.
- Give yourself 30 minutes before and after the session to think about our discussion.
- If you disagree with something I say, speak your mind! The last thing I want is for you to just quit talking with me because you are upset. Who knows, maybe I misheard you, which caused my response to be wrong.
- Remember that some body language is missed over Skype (and all of it on the phone), so please don’t be afraid to be more verbally expressive.